How to Obtain a Non-Degree Alumni Affiliation


How do I get a Non-degree Alumni Status?


If a current or former degree-seeking UMICH student has taken at least 12 credit hours (one full term of classes), they would be eligible for "non-degree alumni" status. Non-degree alumni basically means that a degree-seeking student will have an alumni affiliation (which is a life-long affiliation) and be able to access email and some computing service.


  1. To get the Alumni affiliation, please call the Alumni Gifts and Records (G&R) Office in Ann Arbor. There is no charge to become a non-degree alumni. G&R will need to verify student information to make the change in the alumni database. After the Gifts and Records office makes the change, it can take 2-3 business days to populate in the UMICH directory.


 The contact information for the alumni records office is:

Call toll free: 1-888-518-7888

Local number: 734-647-6179

Monday-Friday 8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. Eastern time

For additional information, check these categories in the Knowledge Base:

Alumni IT services they keep and lose

Still Need assistance? See the following related services:

Accounts & Passwords

Was this helpful?
0 reviews


Article ID: 57904
Fri 7/20/18 3:26 PM
Thu 1/7/21 11:51 AM